Is Evolv Health a scam or awesome opportunity to make money? That’s a common question being asked out this scheme. This is yet another MLM in the health and wellness niche, but is it any better than all the others?
Let’s take a closer look and uncover the truth…
Over scams and the MLM money making grind?
Company Name: Evolv Health
Founder: Trey White and Brent Hicks
Price To Join: $349
My Rating: 3/10
~ Evolv Health Reviews ~
What Is Evolv Health?
Evolv Health kicked off back in 2010, joining a veritable deluge of health and wellness MLM companies. It’s by far and away the most common niche for multi level marketing companies today, with there being such a heavy focus on living a fit and healthy lifestyle these days.
While the company’s main focus is on weight loss products and health and wellbeing in general, they also have a charitable arm called the “Hope Initiative”, whose mission it is to eradicate malnutrition among the world’s children.
The promise of Evolv is for members to achieve both great health and wealth all at the same time.
While it’s not impossible to make some money with a MLM business, it’s gotta be one of the hardest and slowest ways. A better way is to do affiliate marketing online. No recruiting, not products to sell, just earn commissions when you refer people to purchase products. It’s easy. Try Wealthy Affiliate for some awesome training that kicks off for FREE!
Evolv Health Products
My review is more about the business opportunity rather than the products, but we’ll take a brief look at what Evolv have to offer in their product range.
- Reboot Kit – This kit contains a cross-section of the Evolv range and is designed to do everything from help you lose weight to leading a healthier lifestyle.
- Product Packs – A variety of packs to help people lose weight, reduce inflammation and increase energy levels.
- Evolv Lifebar – This is like food and all your nutritional requirements in one healthy snack.
- Evolv Daily – A vitamin and mineral supplement full of antioxidants.
- Evolv Immun – As the name suggests, this supplement is designed to boost your body’s immunity.
- Evolv Shake – This is a weight loss and fat metaboliser shake to help strip off those unwanted pounds.
- Evolv Fix – A drink that helps reduce stress and improve mental clarity.
- Evolv Fuel – This one is an energy drink.
- Evolv Limitless – Improve joint health with this supplement.
- CPrime – This is a fitness monitoring device.
As with most products in the health and wellness niche, and particularly companies using the MLM distribution method, the prices are very high indeed. As an example, one bottle of Evolv Limitless containing 56 capsules costs $80.40.
The MLM Business Opportunity
Evolv Health use the multi level marketing business structure to move its products. This means that from a business opportunity perspective you can make money by becoming a member rather than just buying products.
I’ve never been a fan of this business model as all the advantages go to the company whilst taking benefits away from the actual workforce. Companies choose this model because it saves them loads of money and effort.
They don’t have to pay any wages. In fact, people generally usually have to pay the company to be allowed to work for them as a sales rep. And, distributors are often forced to purchase X amount of product every single month to remain eligible to earn bonuses and commissions.
Distributors do all the buying and selling, promoting and recruiting. The company sits back and collects heaps of revenue while the unpaid workforce does the rest. Sure, they will pay commissions and bonuses, but only after results are achieved.
It’s a great deal for Evolv Health but a terrible deal for those wanting to make money from an opportunity.
The Compensation Plan
Another thing I’m not fond of when it comes to MLM is the complexity of the compensation plans. You almost need to be Albert Einstein to work them out. Making money and knowing what you are likely to earn should not be that complicated.
Of course, when you view any of the numerous videos about the opportunity they really hype up the amount of money you can earn and the opulent lifestyle you’ll lead, but it’s only ever a select few who achieve this through MLM. The majority in fact make no profit whatsoever.
Anyway, with the Evolv Health opportunity there are 8 ways you can earn.
- Direct Sales
- Business Builder Bonus
- Fast Start Bonus
- Weekly Volume Commission
- Personal Check Match Bonus
- Executive Check Match Bonus
- Rank Advancement Bonus
- Matching Executive Director Bonus
There are also a whole host of different ranks you can achieve, and moving up the ranks puts you in a far better position to make a decent income. Just remaining at the lowest rank won’t really get you anywhere. As with all MLM structured businesses, the way to advance is through recruitment. That’s the hardest part of all when it comes to doing business this way.
According to the company’s 2015 Income Disclosure Statement, 48% of members earn only $400 per year before expenses.
Is Evolv Health An Illegal Pyramid Scheme?
An illegal pyramid scheme is known as a naked pyramid. This means the business has no real products of any value. A naked pyramid system will also rely completely on recruitment to survive.
As Evolv products can be sold at a retail level and they actually do have products, despite working on a pyramid compensation structure, Evolv cannot be classified as an illegal pyramid scheme.
MLM businesses target people wanting to get a start in some venture they have an interest in without having to create everything from scratch. The products and distribution plan are already in place. The obvious downsides are that it’s a very hard way to make money, and people never actually own their own business, the company does.
What I Like
- Although over-priced, their products seem to be okay for what they are
What I Don’t Like
- The products are expensive
- The health and wellness niche is super saturated
- Making money from any MLM venture is this niche is close to impossible
- You need to recruit like crazy to get anywhere with Evolv
- The average yearly earnings are only about $400
- Evolv Health is not offering anything new or innovative, either with its products or business opportunity
- 95% of people fail at MLM
How Much Does Evolv Health Cost?
By the time you pay your membership fee and purchase a Starter Kit to get going, you’ll be out of pocket $349. There is also a minimum monthly spend on product, and this is all before you’ve had a chance to make any money.
Is Evolv Health a Scam?
It’s not a scam, but MLM – especially in the over saturated health and wellness niche – is a really difficult way to make even some part-time cash, let alone a fulltime income and beyond. You really are required to be a recruitment machine to get anywhere with any ML venture, as the very way the compensation plans are devised require constant recruitment to get ahead.
Evolv is not offering anything new here. They are just another expensive player in an already crowded niche market. I can’t see getting involved in this business opportunity as anything other than an exercise in frustration and expense. I’d give it a miss.
Forget MLM – Make Money With Affiliate Marketing Instead
I do affiliate marketing and make more than a fulltime living from it. In my opinion there really is no comparison between MLM and affiliate marketing. The latter has way more benefits and advantages over MLM and here are just a select few:
- Little to no recruiting
- Own your own business
- Make residual and passive income
- Work from home online
- No buying/selling products
- No joining fees
- No monthly spend
- Costs virtually nothing to do
- Make money while you sleep
- Promote products to a global marketplace
I could really go on for ages about the advantages of affiliate marketing, but the list above gives you a general idea.
I achieved success because of the awesome training I did that showed me the right way to build my business in a step by step manner. To read my review of the training and how to get started, just click on the banner below. Affiliate marketing is well worth doing.
Latest posts by Darren Burton (see all)
- Is Lotto Profits a Scam or Not? Read This First! - August 27, 2019
- How to Boost Your Website’s Affiliate Sales - November 22, 2018
- Top Affiliate Marketing Guide for Making Money Online - September 12, 2018