Is BeFrugal a scam or a cool way to save some money with your online shopping? Is this cash back and coupon platform really worth your time or not? Some of them are and some of them aren't.
Let’s take a closer look and find out…
Over scams and sites that don't pay much? Click below for something better…
Company Name: BeFrugal
Owned By: Capital Intellect, Inc.
Price To Join: Free
My Rating: 5.5/10
~ BeFrugal Reviews ~
What Is BeFrugal?
BeFrugal is more focused on shoppers being able to save money on their online purchases rather than being a rewards platform or a way of actually making money. If you do a lot of online shopping anyway, then BeFrugal might be of particular interest to you.
This website is nothing new. There are loads of cash back and shopping coupon, money saving sites doing the rounds these days and BeFrugal is simply yet another one in a long and growing list.
They are also partnered with over 5000 merchants, so there is some scope that what you want to buy, you might be able to get a discount on.
So, this website is pretty cool for online shoppers, but if you were searching for a way to make some money online and not just save on your spending, then your search continues. BeFrugal is not for you.
How It Works
It’s totally free to join up with BeFrugal and they even give you a $10 sign up bonus. So that’s a great start – Free + $10.
As a BeFrugal member you can save anywhere from 10% to 40% on your online purchases, so long as it’s through one of BeFrugal’s retail partners.
Once you’re all signed up and ready to rock, here are the steps you take so you can receive full the benefit of the platform:
- Find a store out of the 5000 merchants that has the kinds of products you are searching for.
- Make some purchases using the BeFrugal Toolbar, which will automatically add the coupon discounts to your shopping cart.
- Receive a cash back discount on your purchase.
Not all cash back deals happen instantly. Some can take as long as 60 days. Each individual store has its own way of doing things that are beyond the control of the BeFrugal platform.
Some of the stores included in the BeFrugal deal include retail giants like:
With regards to the cash back, you need to accumulate a total equivalent to $25 to be able to request a cash out via PayPal, check or gift cards from Amazon. As stores have to allow 60 days for possible returns and refunds, you won’t be able to request a cash out until 60 days after your last purchase which got you to the $25 threshold.
The BeFrugal features are designed to make saving money online simple.
- Weekly Ads – so you never miss a deal from your favourite retailers
- BeFrugal App – for mobile shopping
- The Toolbar – making saving that much simpler
- CouponoMatic – this tool automatically adds relevant coupons to your shopping cart on checkout
- Drive or Fly Calculator – decide whether it’s cheaper to drive to a destination or fly there
- Car Spending – helps you determine how much you spend or can save on your car spending
- BeFrugal Referral Program – become an affiliate of BeFrugal and earn $15 for every person you refer who takes action
This is definitely targeted at online shoppers who do a lot of online shopping. If you don’t shop much online, then BeFrugal won’t be of much use to you. This is not a way to make an online income, more of a way to save on something you already do anyway.
What I Like
- It’s totally free to join
- You receive a $10 sign up bonus
- You earn $15 for every person you refer to BeFrugal
- They have over 5000 merchants on their platform
- Big players like Amazon and Walmart are featured
- You only need to make $25 for a cash back
- They pay in real money with the option of PayPal
- A+ BBB rating
- Useful tools and apps
What I Don’t Like
- Some of the savings and cash back coupon amounts are really small
- It can take a long time to reach the $25 cash back level
- After reaching $25 you still need to wait a further 60 days to get paid
- The only way to earn rewards or cash back is through online shopping
- Not all products are eligible for cash back deals
- There have been complaints about Malware
How Much Does BeFrugal Cost?
It’s absolutely free to join BeFrugal and you even get started off with $10 credited to your BeFrugal cash back account. As far as I’m aware there are no hidden charges. The only real costs are what you spend on your online purchases; purchases you are likely to make anyway even if you don’t belong to BeFrugal.
Is BeFrugal a Scam?
There is no scam here that I can see, so long as all the participating merchants honour the deal they have with BeFrugal. It looks like a very cool site for those who do a lot of shopping online, so you might as well join and get some savings. It’s not like the retailers are all very niche or obscure, either. You have big guns like Walmart, Target and Amazon on board.
While it’s a great way to make some cash back on the shopping you already do, if you are looking for a platform that can make you some real money online, then you will need to find something with much more scope than BeFrugal.
Make REAL Money Online
I make real money online with my affiliate marketing business. There is no limit to my income potential and I can grow my business as big as I desire. I get to work from home with no boss and I’m not tied to any one location. It provides the ultimate lifestyle freedom of both time and money.
If you would like to join me and learn how to get started, plus discover the right training that leads to success – training that’s free to try – then click on the banner below.
Latest posts by Darren Burton (see all)
- NeuroGym: Harnessing Neuroscience for Personal Transformation and Success - October 31, 2023
- Is Lotto Profits a Scam or Not? Read This First! - August 27, 2019
- How to Boost Your Website’s Affiliate Sales - November 22, 2018