That’s right. As of statistics posted early in 2017, mobile eCommerce is now a trillion dollar industry and experiencing exponential growth on a daily basis.
These days, not only are more and more people deciding to make their purchases online in the hunt for a better deal, or to access products they can’t buy locally, they are doing more and more of their online shopping on mobile devices, which essentially includes:
Desktop computers and laptops will always have their place and are far better platforms for performing work, but mobile devices have become the tech gadgets of choice for emailing, accessing social media such as Twitter and Facebook, and online shopping.
In many Asian countries, where millions of users don’t necessarily have regular access to a computer, the mobile device basically is their computer and their access to the internet world. But people hungry to consume information and make purchases with their phones and tablets isn’t just limited to Asia. All across the world mobile devices are fast becoming the most regular and convenient way to get online and do some shopping.
Let’s take a look at some interesting statistics:
- Mobile eCommerce is worth $3.2 trillion in 2017, up from $1.5 trillion in 2013 – a massive 213% increase in 4 years.
- Global eCommerce sales made via a mobile device is expected to grow to US$638 billion by 2018 according to Goldman Sachs (source: Digiday).
- Apple still dominates mobile eCommerce. iPhone’s share of eCommerce orders was 50.6% and Samsung was 30.5% in Q1 2014 (source: Custora).
- Mobile eCommerce will account for 30% of global eCommerce sales by 2018, up from 15% in 2013 (source: Factbrowser).
- 65% of US consumers owned a smartphone and 29% a tablet in 2013 (source: Nielsen).
- 52% of tablet users prefer to shop using tablet than PC.
- Tablets (70%) are more popular for online shopping than smartphones (47%).
- 95% of tablet shoppers and 72% of smartphone shoppers who make a purchase using a mobile device do it at home (source: Nielsen).
**These statistics are courtesy of an article on founderu.selz.com and you can read the full article here…
What this means is that the online shopping world is booming and growth is exponential. This is a goldmine for online marketers, those selling products, and affiliates promoting the products of other companies.
This is just one area where you can tap into the massive marketplace provided by the internet and make yourself some money. Whether you choose to sell your own products, or promote the products of other companies as an affiliate, now is the time to jump on board this fast moving gravy train. The internet is the future of business and making money, and it will only continue to grow. If you get on board now and start an online business, you too will grow as the eCommerce industry grows.
If you would like to learn how to start an online business with easy to follow training and a free membership to get you started, then check out my #1 recommendation – Wealthy Affiliate.
There is one paid upgrade option to complete all their training, but today, right now, you can join and get started for free with no obligation to upgrade and no credit cards are required to join.
Click the banner below or leave us a comment for more information.
Latest posts by Darren Burton (see all)
- Is Lotto Profits a Scam or Not? Read This First! - August 27, 2019
- How to Boost Your Website’s Affiliate Sales - November 22, 2018
- Top Affiliate Marketing Guide for Making Money Online - September 12, 2018