Is OMG Machines a scam or not? Because there was so much hype going around about this training platform, I decided to take a look at it and write a review on it.
Read on to discover the truth about this one…
Copy how I make $1000s a month online. Click below for details…
Company Name: OMG Machines
Owners: Mike Long, Greg Morrison and David Mills
Skill Level: All Levels
My Rating: 3/10
~ Review of OMG Machines ~
First off, I’ve been receiving regular emails from OMG Machines for a while now touting the “OMG Way!”, as I signed up to their mailing list at one time. While I haven’t officially participated in their program (it's very expensive), I have taken a good look at what’s on offer. I’ll check anything out, just to see if there’s something positive, useful and real that I can use. But is it a scam or a legit way to make money?
Play close attention and read on.
Their emails always scream SCAM! Massive dollar figures are quoted in unrealistically short periods of time, and that always rings my alarm bells. It just isn't possible to make that kind of money in such a short space of time when you are just starting out. It's highly misleading. Down the track, once you know what you are doing, have systems in place, have a big email list of subscribers, then it's possible to make big figures in quick time, but never at the very start.
Click below for my TOP Recommendation to make extra money…
Overview of OMG Machines
I first came across OMG Machines as a recommendation in an email from Bob Proctor. I have a lot of respect for Bob Proctor, and it's hard to argue against such an icon who endorses this product, so there are obviously some definite benefits to getting involved with OMG Machines. It's more the very expensive price tag and a couple of questionable tactics involved in the OMG training that I don't agree with.
The letters OMG represent ‘One Man Gang’. When I first saw it, I obviously thought it stood for ‘Oh My God’. It was launched in 2012 by Greg Morrison, Mike Long and David Mills.
It’s basically all about SEO (Search Engine Optimization), getting your websites ranked highly in Google and other search engines. The company doesn’t restrict things to general search engines, though. They have also implemented ways to get products ranked highly in Amazon searches as well, if you sell through them, and even book sales if you’re an author.
Every web presence needs good SEO to get ranked, otherwise your sites might as well be invisible to the end user or potential customer. OMG Machines is just yet another company teaching SEO best practices.
They also now include a strong focus on:
- Sellers who want to learn to effectively market products on retail platforms such as Amazon and Shopify, learning the best SEO practices for these individual platforms.
- They are also targeting affiliate marketers and those with eCommerce platforms, helping individuals learn how to rank their content better and improve their overall ROI.
While OMG has some good training of its own, you can learn to build money producing websites at a fraction of the cost if you join the Wealthy Affiliate platform. They offer fantastic training that teaches you how to make money online.
Take a look at Bob's video below and make up your own mind about whether OMG Machines is something you would like to try.
OMG Machines’ Target Audience
Their target audience is anyone and everyone who desires to make money from the internet. Whether you’re a seasoned marketer or a complete novice, OMG Machines aim their product at just about everyone, though I believe it is targeted at beginners who are more likely to hand over their cash; keen to get started and making money.
Making great money and creating wealth really starts in the mind. Click here to discover the mind hacks to really fast-track your wealth…
- The courses are step-by-step so they are easy to follow.
- Very newbie-friendly.
- Offers some good tips on SEO.
- The videos really get you hyped up and ready for action.
- It is promoted with the ‘get rich quick’ mentality. This is a dangerous way to think. Sure, we all want to make money as quickly as possible, but anything that promotes get rich quick is usually suspect, in my experience. Not to mention mentally setting the newbie user up for a huge letdown when the money doesn’t roll in by the truckload within a few short months.
- It's a very expensive training platform for the beginner, maybe more affordable for an already established business.
- There is a lot of training about article spinning and creating (grey hat at best) backlinks to get your site ranked higher. Both these practices can get your site banned from search engines today.
- There are no refunds under any circumstances – Isn't that illegal or something?
OMG No Holds Barred: Project Breakthrough
Project Breakthrough includes the following:
- Greg Morrison's Treasure Map series – An A to Z of Greg's SEO strategies
- How to make more efficient use of your valuable time – After all, time is money
- Office hours coaching through live webinars
- 6 figure per month coaching
- Amazon advantage and ecommerce training
- Access to support via the OMG Facebook group
- Training videos on SEO to rank high in search engines
- One-on-one questions and answers with Greg Morrison
- Money getting websites and templates
- Software for search engine domination
- Monetization training and guidance
- Access to community support and networking
How Much Does It Cost?
Now when you click on their links there seems to be just the one deal on offer – Project Breakthrough. This system costs $8000 and is broken up into 16 monthly payments of $499 each. They emphasise in great detail on their payments page that there are no refunds under any circumstances and offer a whole variety of reasons why this is the case.
So be warned: If you sign up for this deal, be prepared to be out of pocket $8k, whether you find the course of any value or not.
Big risk. $8k is a lot of money to someone looking to get started in affiliate marketing. It’s an unnecessary risk. There is some fantastic training on doing affiliate marketing the right way that costs next to nothing. As I mentioned earlier, Wealthy Affiliate is way cheaper. I explain more about that at the bottom of this post.
Is OMG Machines a Scam?
I’m not saying you can’t make money by doing this training and implementing what you learn. Good SEO will always lead to some positive results, but you won’t make millions in mere months like these self-professed gurus claim. This stuff takes time, and definitely in the early stages. This gang are the ones making a financial killing every time they squeeze a non-refundable $8K out of people. Is this OMG training really worth that kind of cash?
I give it a 3 out of 10. If they got rid of the dangerous black hat SEO tactics, stopped promoting everything with the get rich quick hype and dropped the price by about $7000, I would have rated it a bit higher. While I don’t consider OMG Machines to be a total scam, the cost of the training is just way too high in my opinion for what it is.
Yes, some of the training is quite good, but you don’t need to fork out that kind of money to be trained the right way; especially when a lot of what they teach is either out-dated and can get your website blacklisted by the search engines, and much of the information they teach you can source for free.
Have a read below and I’ll point you in the right direction, where you can start off with FREE training and upgrade for a small monthly fee if you decide you want to go further.
Another Way To Make Money Online
I’m an active member of Wealthy Affiliate and have been for a long time now, and won’t be leaving any time soon. Why? Because their training works and the community of members there is awesome!
You can start the training FREE of charge and have complete access to everything their website offers for a full 7 to 10 days after signing up as a Starter Member. Upgrading to a Premium Membership only costs $49 per month as compared to the $499 per month offered by OMG Machines. But you can simply just remain a free member if you wish. There is no obligation to ever upgrade, although it's worth it and definitely in your best interests to do so to both complete the training and go on to establish a profitable online business.
The training is step-by-step and comprehensive, taking you from start to finish on how to build a profitable niche website that will generate you a steadily increasing income for years to come. It's designed in such a way that you can "earn as you learn". You also get free hosting for up to 50 Word Press websites. The community is active and helpful, with an unselfish attitude of ‘paying it forward’. It's the invaluable knowledge of the community that keeps me there, as I finished the training a long time ago.
Wealthy Affiliate is really a no brainer if you want to learn the right way to become an online entrepreneur at a very affordable price. It’s free to sign up for a Starter Account and have a look around. No credit card is required, so you really have nothing to lose by taking a look.
Some of the benefits at a glance:
- Step-by-step training (videos, tutorials, classrooms, live training)
- Member-contributed training
- Live chat
- Community support
- 24/7 access and technical support
- 2 free websites for Starter Members
- Free website builder
- Secure hosting for up to 50 websites for Premium Members
- Thousands of Word Press themes to choose from
- Keyword search tools
- Active discussion groups with access to industry experts
- Completely FREE to get started!
Latest posts by Darren Burton (see all)
- Is Lotto Profits a Scam or Not? Read This First! - August 27, 2019
- How to Boost Your Website’s Affiliate Sales - November 22, 2018
- Top Affiliate Marketing Guide for Making Money Online - September 12, 2018