Make Money Blogging Beginners: Are You Doing It Right?
From answering online surveys, reviewing the latest apps, selling and promoting on social media, blogging and so much more, monetising your activities online is now easier than ever before. With a global marketplace of some 3 billion internet users, that's huge potential!
Yes, being a blogger can give you perks and money! With that said, it should inspire you to start your blog, if you still haven’t got one going already.
Setting up a blog is quite easy with these basic steps:
- Come up with some domain names that are catchy and relevant to your blog's subject. make a list of the possible, then search to see what's actually available. Choose a dot com extension if you can, as these rank better and also appear more legitimate.
- Look for an affordable and efficient web hosting company to host your WordPress blog. You need WordPress to add, edit, save and publish your posts. It's one of the best platforms out there and nearly a quarter of all websites are built using WordPress.
- Install and set up WordPress on your domain. The setup includes choosing a theme and different plugins that will let you add functions and features to your website, such as tracking the number of visitors to your site, or accepting payments for products or services that you offer on your site. There really are cool and useful plugins for just about everything imaginable.
- After finishing all the necessary WordPress integrations, you’re now ready to create your first blog post. This is the fun and exciting part.
How to Make Money with Your Blog
Now that you’ve set up your blog, it’s time to start making some money from it. Here are several ways you can achieve that:
You can’t possibly expect to make money from your blog unless you have something to offer your audience; information that's relevant and interesting. By producing content that's useful to your readers, your blog will become a trusted source of information, helping you drive traffic to your site over time.
Once your blog generates a good amount of traffic, you’ll find that it’s easier to make money through ads, sponsored posts, e-commerce, and other income-generating streams (even including solicitation of donations and tips). It takes a bit of time to get free organic traffic, but by writing content regularly and doing good keyword research, you will soon see a steady and increasing flow of organic traffic from the search engines.
Think of your blog as something like a newspaper, magazine, or TV show that sells ad space. Applications like Google AdSense use special algorithms to help you find advertisers for your blog.
If your blog is about food, or cooking and baking for instance, AdSense will likely recommend ads featuring cooking equipment, bake shops, cake boxes and the like on your site.
Every time your visitors view or click the ad, you get revenue for it from Google AdSense. You may choose from a host of ad-serving applications, with each of them offering a unique approach to advertising.
This involves promoting the products and services of other companies on your posts and pages. You only need to create a link to that site to get a commission for every person who ends up clicking your link and making a purchase. It's that simple.
Some other merchants would also compensate you even though no sale was made. This means you will be entitled to a commission for each visitor you referred to their site or who fills out a form with their contact details on the merchant’s site.
The key is to link only to sites that you know will sit well with your own audience, are relevant, and offering quality products and services. never promote products you know are dodgy or won't live up to their sales hype. You ened to build trust, and you won't do that by recommending inferior goods.
You can likewise sell products or services so that you’ll be earning directly from your blog. Use your writing or blogging skills by offering services related to copywriting, editing, research work, or making reports, among others.
You can also write eBooks and put these on sale on your blogging site. Last,but not least, you can sell physical products or merchandise as long as they represent the main subject or topic of your blog.
Further to the example of a cooking blog, you could sell items related to cooking, such customized hand towels or cookie jars.
Blogging offers a lot of money-making opportunities, so waste no time. Get your blog up and running as soon as possible and have fun with it. There is money to be made online, and it all begins with a decision to get started.
Latest posts by Carol Sariano (see all)
- Make Money Blogging – Beginners, Are You Doing It Right? - September 22, 2017